Favorite Stuffed Animal Project
by Katy G.
(Weatherford, TX, USA)
First Frog and Bear
1. Make a template of your favorite stuffed animal by outlining it at least 1/2 inch from the sides (an animal that can lay flat with its legs out and has no tail is best).
2. After cutting the template out, lay it on two layers of a solid color fabric that has short or medium fuzz, like felt, and draw the outline on the top layer of material.
3. Pin the layers together and cut out the animal.
4. Hand-sew or machine-sew at least 3/4s of the way around.
5. Turn your animal right side out and stuff.
6. Sew the opening closed.
7. Decorate. I used rainbow crinkle ribbon for the face on my frog and beaded the face on my bear. If you use glue, eco crafting glue works best.
(age 8 years and up)
Tote Bag with an Inside Lining, ~Sew a Simple Belt,
Pillow,~ Couch Caddy,
Up Your Jeans, ~Gathered
to Sew Drawstring Bags, ~How
to Sew Tote Bags, ~Jean
Purse, ~Jean Apron, ~Lap
Desk, ~Pencil Case, ~Neck Pillow,
Tote Bag, ~Patchwork
Pillow Cover, ~Pillow
Cover with Ties, ~Pillow
Purse,~ Sew a Pot
Animal, ~ Stuffed
Drawstring Bag, ~Sew a Card, ~No
Sew Projects, ~Sewing
Safety, ~Felt Patterns~Pillowcase
Tooth Fairy, ~Stuffed
Stuffed Dog, ~Stuffed
Receiving Blanket,~ Baby
doll blanket & pillow,~Patchwork
Snack Baggie, ~Glasses
Tablecloth, ~ Pocket Pillow