Level 1- Needle Book
Two projects are included on this page. One
is a needle book that is practicing hand sewing. The second is a harder needle book project
sew on the sewing machine.
You will need the following for hand sewing a needle book:
- 2 pieces of felt 8 x 4 1/2 inches or you can make a
smaller book if you would like
- Extra scraps of felt for decoration
- Needle and thread
- Decorative ribbon about 14 inches
Sewing Materials Available
Needle Book Tutorial Directions
Lay one felt piece flat and lay ribbon in the middle of the
Make sure you leave ends on each side. This will be to tie the book
shut. Pin second piece of felt to first piece of felt.
Stitch all around the edges of felt to attach the two pieces
together. Insert your needles or pins.
Close your book in half and tie ribbon. Decorate with other pieces
of felt if desired.
Try this sewn book
, for a harder book
project that is sewn on the sewing machine.
Hand Sewing Projects:
Beginner Lessons Level 1, ~Drawstring Coin Bag, ~Basic
hand stitches, ~ Hand
Sewing Kits, ~ Draft
Critter, ~ Felt
Bookmark, ~ Felt
Mittens, ~ Needle Book,
Stick Bags, ~Key
Chain Animal, ~Puppet
Gloves, ~ Hand
sewn teddy bear sleeping bag & pillow, ~Halloween
Doll, ~Button Flower, ~Sew Ornaments, ~Sew Felt Doll, ~Felt Patterns
Need a fun hand sewing project?Felt
Level 5- More Advanced Sewing Needle Book
This book includes pages that makes a fun addition to your sewing
box. You will attach a rectangle piece of material with a front and
back and include a piece of interfacing. Then attach pages within
your needle book. This is an advanced project because it
involves ironing and using interfacing.
Once you've learned
those few techniques this project will be super easy!
To create a book you will need:
- 10x 6 piece of fabric for the outside
- 10x 6 piece of fabric for the lining
- 10x 6 piece of interfacing
- 4-5 pieces of 4x5 inch pieces of flannel
- Iron interfacing to the lining.
- Place right sides together and sew three edges together.
- Turn right sides out and iron flat.
- Tuck in open edge and sew closed.
- Lay flannel pieces on the the right sides of your lining
- Fold in half and sew along side to secure the pages in your
- Insert needles and pins.
Lessons Level 5, ~ Mini
Snap Bag , ~Sew
a buttonhole, ~Zipper
to sew a quilt,
patch blanket, ~Striped
Edge Quilt, ~Bandanna
Patchwork Quilt, ~How
to tie a quilt, ~Sew a
Rug, ~Needle Book