How to sew a cover for your three ring binder. This is one of our
favorite easy sewing projects and can turn an ordinary binder into
something colorful and fun.
You will need:
Sewing Materials Available
Binder Cover Tutorial Directions
- Lay your binder open and flat and measure the length and the
height. Now add 12 inches to the width measurement and 1 1/2
inches to the height.
- Cut 2 rectangles from the same material or 2 coordinating
pieces of material.
- Cut 2 8" x 5" rectangles from the same material or
coordinating material for pocket. Cut a 8"x5" piece from
- Iron interfacing to one pocket. With right sides together of
pocket rectangles sew, leaving one top end open.
- Turn right sides out and tuck open edge in.
- Iron flat and topstitch top of pocket. Set aside.
- Sew long rectangles with right sides together leaving a
hole for turning out.
- Turn right side out and iron flat. Top stitch opening closed.
- Lay sewn rectangle out and place binder on top. Turn edges in
and shut binder closed.
- Place pocket in position and pin on front of book. Take binder
out. Sew pocket in place. If you want divided pockets sew down
the middle of pocket as well.
- Place binder on top of the rectangle again and fold in edges.
Pin top edges in place.
- Sew top and bottom of edges. Leave long side opening for
Kids Lessons Projects:
~Kids Sew Lessons, ~Applique Shirt Project, ~Bath Mitt, ~Binder Cover,~Christmas
Cone Ornaments,~Cloth Basket,~Cloth Basket Tray with Ribbon Corners,
Dinner Napkins or Bread Cloths,~Easy
Sew Curtains,~Fairy Costume,
~Prairie Points,~Sew Purse, ~Recycle
Your Old Tie Projects,~Reversible HeadBands, ~Shirt
into Shorts Project,~Shirt
and Transform it into a Dress,~Tie Pillow, ~Tie Skirt,~Tiered T-shirt Skirt, ~Wall Hanging,
how to sew, ~Entertainment